We thought as it has been some time, we will get detailed blog on it easily. But it seems it is been described only in Microsoft Document. And I have put reference of it in the end of this post. It is good but it seems very less described and not updated with new updates. So I am trying to explain it in as detail as I can in this footer series. So lets get started.
First of all we need to make sure the Footer is enabled in the Modern Communication SharePoint site.
- Footer is not available in Modern Team site as of now.
- Footer will be enabled by default for all new communication sites after the feature is rolled out. If you can see the footer on your modern communication site, skip this steps
- Click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Change the look” option.
Note – If you are not seeing this option then you do not have enough permission on this site.
- Click on Footer
- Make sure footer is enabled. If not enable it.
- Once you enable, it will show different option. We will look in to them in next post. Click Save.
- Once your enable it , it will display in the bottom of the page.
Below is PNP PowerShell command to enable footer:
Connect-PnPOnline -Url "<SiteURL>" –Credentials (Get-Credential)
Lets configure the footer in the next blog.