Recently, we were developing a custom webpart for SharePoint 2019 On-Premise. We got below error while deploying the solution:
Error occurred in deployment step 'Recycle IIS Application Pool': Invalid namespace
We have face this issue in past . We thought we are having issue in .Net framework of the project. We tried with reduce the .Net framework to 4.5. But that didn't solve the issue this time. Then we google the issue and found out there were some configuration changes we need to do in the development environment.
We found out that we need to add "IIS 6 WMI Compatibility" feature. Please follow below steps to add the same:
If you are using windows server, go to server manager.
- Click on “Add Roles and Feature”
- It will open “add feature” dialog. Click next till you reach “Server Roles”.
- In that, expand “Web Server (IIS)”
- In that expand “Management Tools”
- In that expand “IIS 6 Management Compatibility”
- In that, check “IIS 6 WMI Compatibility”, “IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility” & “IIS 6 Management Console” and click Next.
Note - In my case the first two were installed. If it is not installed in your side, it will show as not checked.
- Click Next in feature selection.
- Click Install in confirmation installation screen.
- It will start installing the feature. Wait for the completion.
- Click close once done.
- Restart the visual studio and try to deploy the project and it will deploy successfully.
If you are using Windows operating system machine, then you can follow below steps to install “IIS 6 WMI Compatibility”:
- Go to Control panel.
- Click on Program.
- Click on “Turn Windows Feature on or Off” (you will require admin rights for this).
- It will open feature dialog.
- Open Internet Information Services.
- Open Web Management Tools.
- Open IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility.
- Click to select the IIS 6 Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility, IIS 6 WMI Compatibility, and IIS 6 Management Console check boxes.
- Click OK.
You can set up this using powershell as well.
Follow below steps for the same:
- Open “Windows PowerShell” in administrator mode.
- You need to first import server manager module.
- Then you can run command to run feature.
PS C:>Import-Module servermanager
PS C:> Add-WindowsFeature Web-WMI
The output will look like below: