We have looked at why Microsoft disabled custom scripts in SharePoint Online and where it affects. If you have not gone through that, please click here to read it.
In this post, we are going to review how to enable custom scripting on tenant level and what will be its impact.
Enable Scripting at the Site Collection Level
Follow the below steps to “Enable” the custom script at the tenant level:
- Login into your Office 365 Admin Portal.
URL - https://admin.microsoft.com
Click on ellipses in the left side panel.Note: If you have Office 365 Germany, sign in at https://portal.office.de. If you have Office 365 operated by 21Vianet (China), sign in at https://login.partner.microsoftonline.cn/. Then select the Admin tile to open the admin center.
- Then, it will display all the menu option in the panel. Scroll down and hover on "Admin" center menu and click on "SharePoint" as shown below image.
- It will open the SharePoint admin page. In the left navigation, select 'Settings'.
- It will navigate to the settings page. Scroll down till "Custom Script" section. In this select "Allow users to run a custom script on personal sites" & "Allow users to run a custom script on self-service created sites" as shown in below image:
- Then scroll down to the end of the page and click “OK”. It will take about 24 hours for the changes to take effect.
Once these settings are implemented, you will have your classic SharePoint available same as you know. But this also enables the threat that we discussed in the first part. So we would not recommend this approach.
So what is the alternative? Check out our last post of this topic for same.