In previous blogs we learn how can we enable footer, set logo and footer text and add & Edit footer links on SharePoint Online Modern Communication site. If you have not gone through that you can use below link to check that post.
- How to enable Footer in a SharePoint Modern Communication Site?
- How to set footer logo and footer text in Modern communication site?
- How to add, edit and Remove Footer links in Modern communication site?
In this blog, we are going to see how we can set audience targeting on the links. So, let's start with pre-requisites:
We will need below things to set up audience targeting:
- The site owner must enable audience targeting for site navigation.
Only site owners can turn audience targeting on and off. Once turned on, any site editor can target menu links to specific audiences.
- The Office 365 Admin user must set up Microsoft 365 groups and security groups.
Currently Azure AD dynamic groups & SharePoint site groups are not currently supported. Though to overcome this, you can set up SharePoint Modern Teams sites with Office 365 groups and use that group in audience targeting.
Enable & Add Groups in Audience Targeting
Follow below steps to enable Audience Targeting:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click on Edit.
Note – If you do not see this, then you do not have enough permission.
- It will open new panel in the left side of the screen.
- Enable Site navigation audience targeting.
Note - If you do not see this, then you do not have enough permission.
- Once you enable this setting, you will see audience targeting text box while add, edit links.
- When you start typing, it will provide auto suggest groups. For this blog, I am choosing one of my team site group for home link.
- Click save to save changes.
Note - While editing the navigation, all links and sub links become visible to the editor including those that are targeted. Once saved, the navigation will display to targeted users only.
You can login with other user and check the link is hidden.
In next blog, we will summaries the OOTB Footer pros and cons.